• Carentan Bonus Map Confirmed, Available in the WWII Season Pass or Digital Deluxe Edition
Activision has confirmed that the Carentan bonus map will be coming to Call of Duty: WWII. Details on this bonus map first appeared on EBGames AU website, but got removed from their website. Activision has said that the map will be available with the Call of Duty: WWII Season Pass or the Digital Deluxe Edition Of WWII. The map is a remake from a Call of Duty: 2 map. Carentan was then re-imagined in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare as Chinatown, which was a DLC map for that game.
• Call of Duty: WWII Season Pass Will Have 4 DLC Packs in 2018 With Multiplayer And Zombies Maps, And New War Mode Missions
Activision has announced the first details on the Season Pass for Call of Duty: WWII. It will include 4 DLC Packs coming in 2018. Each of the DLC Packs will include new Multiplayer Maps, new chapters of the WWII Zombies experience, and best of all, new War missions.
Experience the full-scale theatre of war with the Call of Duty: WWII Season Pass*. Continue the epic journey with 4 DLC Packs in 2018 that include new and iconic Multiplayer Maps, new chapters of Nazi Zombies and all-new War Missions.
All Call of Duty: WWII DLC Packs will be available 30 days early on PS4. The Season Pass also includes access to the Carentan bonus map.
• Michael Condrey Issues Statement Over The Recent Leak From Beta Files. It Gives Us First Look At A New London Map
A post was shared on Reddit which contained massive new information about Call of Duty: WWII’s Zombies mode. Some users have searched through the beta files of the Call of Duty: WWII PC Beta to try and find details about Call of Duty: WWII that have not yet been announced. People have shared those details on Reddit. There are many spoilers, so I will not be posting about them as it will ruin the excitement for WWII. There were details about how Zombies weapons, exclusive features, and more would work in the leak. Because of the extent of the leak, Michael Condrey sent a statement about it. From Michael Condrey, Co-Studio Head of Sledgehammer Games:
“Call of Duty: WWII has been in development for nearly three years, and we’re now less than a month before launch. We can’t wait for fans to experience it on November 3rd. With Betas, there’s always the risk that some people will try and spoil that experience for others. We have had a couple things leak recently across multiplayer and zombies. It’s disappointing for everyone involved in creating the game. But, in the spirit of transparency, we want to be up front about it. Some of the details were inaccurate, early, or still subject to change. Others we would consider spoilers. We never plan for leaks, but we also understand that it’s hard for fans not to read the news when it’s about something they are so excited to learn more about.”
Michael Condrey also talked about the recent Multiplayer leaks from the Call of Duty: WWII PC beta, including the new Gridiron Multiplayer mode, which is going to be SHG’s boots on the ground version of Uplink.
“We are super proud of the game and cannot wait to play it with the community, so please hang on for a bit as November 3rd is almost here. In the meantime, here’s a first look at our London map in multiplayer. It’s a studio favorite for domination, hardpoint, and TDM, and we think it could be a standout for the competitive season ahead. Also, it’s a lot of fun for the new Gridiron game mode coming at launch, here’s a taste.”
Here’s the first images of the all new London Multiplayer map, as well as the Gridiron mode, mentioned by Condrey:
Call of Duty: WWII is available in under 4 weeks — November 3. Stay tuned for the latest news and info leading up to the release of the game.
• List Of Weapons, Maps, And Additional War Content In WWII Discovered In Leaked PC Beta Files (Rumor)
Users on Reddit have found a list of weapons, maps, and more via the game files inside of the Call of Duty: WWII PC Open Beta. This list is not the final list of all of the features in the game as of now as anything is subject to change and can change before launch. Sledgehammer Games’ Co-Studio Head Michael Condrey issued a statement about the zombies and Multiplayer leaks and shared first images of the London Docks Multiplayer map and Gridiron mode. Here is what was posted by a user on Reddit, found in the beta files:
- Multiplayer Maps (13 maps found in files):
• Aachen: Urban warfare in the Battle of Aachen. Long range gameplay down the dangerous streets mixed with up-close engagements through war-torn structures.
• Pointe du Hoc: D-Day landing site with tight gameplay spaces. Bunkers and trenches create intense close-range battles.
• Flak Tower: German Flak Tower overlooking the skies above Berlin. Frenetic, close-range battles from end to end.
• Ardennes Forest: Battle around a German encampment and vehicle convoy in the snow-covered Ardennes Forest during Battle of the Bulge. Fast-paced short to medium range engagements.
• Gibraltar: Cliff-side fortifications atop the Rock of Gibraltar. Intense stand-off battles in the center with vertical combat opportunities to the flanks.
• “Wolfs Lair” (name not final): Deep in the Prussian Masurian woods lies Hitler’s Eastern Front military headquarters.
• Sainte Marie du Mont: Furious battle across a war-torn French village. Features multiple high-intensity combat scenarios involving short and medium range gameplay. • Gustav Cannon
◙War Mode(SHG has not announced the final number of War maps that will be available in WWII at launch. The following listed is what was shared on Reddit):
• “Operation Aachen” Advance to the trainyard and capture the train. Halt the allied advance to the trainyard. Stop them from capturing the train. Gather explosive ordnance and wire it to the streetcar. Stop the allies from stealing explosive ordnance. Use the emplaced anti-tank guns to take out that King Tiger tank. Defend the King Tiger tank by capturing the emplaced anti-tank guns. Capture the train before it leaves the station. Stop the allies from capturing the train before it leaves the station.
• “Operation Griffin” Advance across the bridge to break the allied front line. Stop the enemy from advancing across the bridge to break the front line. Escort 2 of the 3 tanks into allied territory. Stop 2 of 3 tanks from pushing into allied territory. Push into the allied fuel dump and gather fuel for our tanks. Stop the enemy from stealing our fuel for their tanks. Secure the bridge before it is destroyed. Halt the enemy advance until we can destroy the bridge.
• “Operation Breakout” (already announced War mode map) Destroy the Axis flak cannons targeting Allied bombers. Defend the Axis flak cannons targeting Allied bombers. Disrupt Axis comms by capturing the forward observation post. Defend Axis comms by holding the forward observation post. Construct a vital river crossing for Allied armor to advance. Prevent Allied forces from constructing a bridge for Allied armor to advance. Destroy the Axis ammunition depot with emplaced explosives. Defend the ammunition depot from being destroyed by Allied forces. Escort armored support into position against Axis AA guns. Halt the Allied armored support from reaching AA guns.
• “Operation Neptune” Capture the two cliff-side bunkers. Escort the engineer to the 155mm Artillery Gun. Defend against the German Counter-offensive.